Adding a Link
This page shows universal steps how to add a link to SiteBar in
any browser. There are more comfortable ways of adding bookmarks which
are specific to a particular browser. See, e.g., adding link to SiteBar using Firefox or adding link to SiteBar using Internet
- You have to be logged in to SiteBar to access and manage
- Right click on a folder or a tree where you want to create a
new link. A context menu will be displayed.
- Select context menu item Add Link. An Add Link
dialog shown below will be displayed.
- Parent Folder - this field is read only, you can
verify where your new link will be created.
- URL - enter an URL of the link you want to add.
- Retrieve Link Information - a button which retrieves Link
Name, Description and Favicon for the URL entered in
the URL field.
- Link Name - enter a name for the link you want to
add. This name will be displayed in SiteBar.
- Description - for each link a description can be entered.
This description is shown instead of URL when a link is pointed by
- Favicon - a favicon is displayed (when available).
- Import Description - press this button if you want to import
a link description from a file.
- Link Capacity - this field is read only, a maximum number of
allowed links depends on the SiteBar membership you have chosen.
- Press button [Submit]. You can also click on Show
Advanced Controls to extend the dialog as shown on the picture below.
The following Advanced Controls are available:
- Favicon - a favicon's URL.
- Feed Link - links that are marked as feeds will be opened
using an external Feed Reader. Feed Reader URL is configurable in User
- Private - links that are marked as private will not be
shared even if they are in a shared folder.
- Exclude from Validation - if you are adding a password
protected or an Intranet link, then you should tick this on.
Validator will then skip such links and will not mark them as dead.
- Target - a target where the page should be opened, you may
use _blank, if you want this particular link to be opened in a new
window. Usually you keep this field empty.
If you need more information, you may use technical SiteBar Help
or visit help forum. Questions and suggestions
related to my.sitebar.org or this
website send directly to the administrators.